Sunday, June 6, 2010

it's the simple things.

6 different moments that make me smile at the beauty of my child:

1) Yesterday I was laying down to sleep after a night at work and Josiah climbed up on the bed and said, "I rub Mama's back and sing 'Yes, Jesus.'" This is our bedtime ritual for him, though we don't usually rub his back. He proceeded to rub my back roughly with his tiny little hands and belt, "Jesus loves me" in the most passionate, unsoothing way possible. It was amazingly precious, and in that moment I knew that my love for him was reciprocated.

2) Today Josiah started to pedal his tricycle for the first time. We went out on the sidewalk for a ride and as he was pedaling along he stopped suddenly to declare, "Red light, stop." He sat completely still for a good 20 seconds in an unsuspecting place on the sidewalk before declaring the light had turned green and he could go.

3) Josiah thinks it is really fun to make me laugh with all of his faces...so much so that he will say, "Mama, take a picture!" followed by a silly face or he will make a silly face and say, "Mama, laugh!" The other day I had the camera out for something else and he decided he wanted to make faces for the camera. This is the result of our impromptu session:


4) Josiah calls tummyaches "tummy-cakes." He tells me (very accurately and sometimes as a bargaining plea) "Mommy, I have tummy cake." Then he will ask me to kiss it. I just think tummy-cake is so cute!

5) Josiah is a negotiator. I don't know where he got it, but I often hear "just one sip" or "I have just one more, Mama." He will also bargain for a lineup of events. For example, if I say "We're going to go take a nap" he will offer, "go play outside, then have sum'tin to eat, then take a nap?"

6) Though Josiah has been weaned for 5 months he has been consistent about requesting na-na's on a daily basis. I asked him today what na-nas tastes like. His reply was, "tastes like candy." buwahahaha. It is hilariously awesome to hear him articulate that. I never know what he is going to come up with.

2 comments:

Brooke said...

this. is. so. cute!

Angela said...

your son is amazing and i love reading about his antics and seeing his crazy pictures!