Monday, February 4, 2008

It's all too exciting.

So we sit at 9:45 tonight with a baby who refuses to go to sleep because this life has become way too exciting. Someone flipped his switch overnight and all day long he has wanted to coo and squeal at anything he sees, but mostly us. He wants to play SO much that he has refused to nurse for longer than 5 minutes because apparently he thinks it is much better to woo me with his grins and coos. He will fall asleep for short naps and then wake up talking to himself. In fact, he started talking before even opening his eyes this last time. Currently he is laying on the couch next to me and even though he was laying on the complete opposite cushion he has somehow wiggled his way onto my cushion and is now pulling on my elbow with his hands. I am still trying to figure out how he moved a full foot across the couch to snuggle up next to me. I suppose we will have to crack down on this "play with reckless abandon" attitude, but for now he has accomplished his mission of wooing me into wonder at how one day can make such a difference.

Here is a picture I found that I took last week that actually caught a grin on camera.

No comments: