Wednesday, February 13, 2008

A small underestimation

Shame on me for thinking that a Tuesday with Josiah would end the way I anticipated. Oh, no. Not this Tuesday.

We went to Bible study as planned, but what I didn't anticipate was how I forgot to restock the "emergency outfit" in the diaper bag. I probably don't even have to finish the story, because you know where this is going. We were eating dinner when the blowout happened, and our friends around the table watched as the wet, yellow spot on the back of Josiah's outfit expanded. Josiah ended up wearing his hoodie, socks, and a bib for the rest of the evening. The bib wasn't really useful, but I felt like a better mother by putting all clothing items I DID have on him. I used my jacket to keep him warm until we left.

When we arrived home he was fussy and couldn't settle down to sleep, so at 11pm, Jonathan and I were dead tired but waiting on Josiah to decide it's not such a bad thing to go to bed. Finally he did, and we all fell asleep together after quite a long day.

No comments: