Day 2 at work went pretty well. Pumping became more interesting, however. I went at the BEGINNING of our morning break to start pumping. I was all set up when the facilitator came in and informed me that a maintenance man was working on an area just behind my half-partition desk and he could walk in at any time. She said that I would have to come into their office area. I did that...and she and her coworker promptly put me in the pantry. Literally. They pushed a chair in there, turned on the light, and left me among the Doritos and Tropicanas. There was just enough room for me to sit with the pump in my lap and look at the various items they had stuffed away on the shelves. It was unbelievable. I felt like I was in time-out, and I missed several crucial minutes in the time I had to pack up and open back up in the move. I didn't get to pump very much at all before she was outside of the door telling me that they were ready. Lame. I had to go listen to a guy talk about our 403(b) plan. Doesn't anyone realize that I already know all of this information?!
I spent a lot of time running around again getting my access to various things and places reinstated. I spent my lunch, once again, retrieving papers from my floor. No lunch. I had packed some lunch items so I snacked on them during the last hour of class.
At 2:30 I headed home and nursed my sweet boy. We played on the floor and I got video of him rolling over. It is up on the video bar now. We took a long afternoon nap together and then went to the college Bible study. Two days without my boy did a number on me, because when we arrived I realized I had forgotten the diaper bag. That's right, not just the emergency outfit. The whole dang bag. Luckily we didn't need any of the items out of it. I did have a pacifier, but he stayed awake the whole time.
This morning he woke up around 8am and just sat in his crib and jabbered at himself until 9am. We went to play group at 10, and now we are about to settle in for another nice afternoon nap before doing some chores and cooking dinner. It sure is nice to be home:)
1 comment:
I know what it's like to have somebody tell you stuff that you already know. Mom's been doing that to me ever since 9th grade. After this I can't wait to find out how Day 3 goes. Just a tip. Put an extra diaper bag with an extra emergency outfit in Jonathan's car incase you forget Josiah's diaper bag and his emergancy outfit again. It pays to be prepared. I learned that lesson the hard way when Dad got the stroke eight years ago. May he rest in peace. Love ya.
Post a Comment