Yes, folks, Josiah is now screaming--not because he is mad, just because he thinks it is pretty funny. He will give an ear piercing scream and then follow it with a melody of shouts composed of an inflection rollercoaster. When he starts his shouting, I can't continue in a conversation. I have to stop and laugh out loud. It is SO funny! We were visiting my good friend, Ashley, today, and I had to just stop midsentence as he joined the conversation. At points he gets so loud that it is impossible to talk over him, if you can even keep your train of thought to attempt to do so. I am a little surprised by the pipes such a small little thing possesses. I suppose most parents have figured it out by now, but his quiet cry had us tricked. I caught a little bit of it on video last night, and I will hopefully have it up on the video bar soon. I will go ahead and post the disclaimer that he has reached new heights (and decibels) since last night, and I will attempt to capture that soon.
Today we went to have my fingerprints re-done for work. Apparently, if you are gone longer than 3 months your fingerprints must be retaken...(because they could be different???) Conveniently, I went back into Human Resources 3 months and 2 days after leaving, so we had to make sure that this maternity leave hadn't forever changed my unique makeup. I am positive it has, as my previous self did not know how to love so deeply and fiercely, but I am fairly confident that it hasn't affected my fingerpads. Regardless, we took about an hour out of our day to do that.
Here is the closest Callie got to catching that toothless grin yesterday. I actually think this one is pretty cute! I will share more once she has them all edited. Bravo, Callie!

I have modified the settings on the comment boards so that any of you lucky readers can comment on the postings now, even if you do not have an account. I would love to know who all is reading, and of course we welcome your comments!
4 comments:
mama callie -- A HUGE "thank you" for your time and efforts to do this -- and for modifying the comment requirements. It's the next best thing to being able to personally watch him grow and learn. Your commentary is outstanding, although it's awfully hard to compete with those pics! Every single day I cannot wait to check the site to see what you have posted. LOVE YOU ALL, Great Aunt Doodah
I absolutely love the picture that you posted of the shoot w/ Callie!
ryrcivq"Oh! How sweet is the payback, said Grandpa Grady." Especially liked your Tuesday comments. Made me laugh out loud.
Cute pics. Love ya. Please tell your dad that I said hello and that I miss him.
Post a Comment