Two days ago I was driving home and Josiah reached his hunger limit. He was screaming in the back seat and we were 5 minutes out from home, so I pacified him by allowing him to suck and chew on my finger. After he began knawing on my finger I thought to myself, "This feels exactly like willingly slamming your finger in a door repeatedly."
Yesterday, I figured out why. Josiah got his first tooth. He still hasn't let us inspect it, as his tongue and drool-fest seem to do a good job blocking, but we can feel it in its sharp little glory. I was quite pleased that it didn't require a super fussy all-nighter. It just kind of appeared.
Coincidentally, he broke the tooth yesterday and broke his poop silence at the same time. Conveniently for me, he had been poopless for five days. Now, the convenience to that is it happened to be the five days I was taking care of him. Jonathan assumed duty two nights ago, and Josiah has proudly pooped his weight in the last two days of Daddy Daycare. There has been SO much poop that this morning Jonathan had to put the pajamas directly in the wash and Josiah directly in the tub. I couldn't be more smug that I escaped all the mess. Jonathan is protesting stinky diapers and I am smiling quite slyly, like I think that Josiah was secretly scheming. Perhaps it was just the tooth holding everything up.
1 comment:
Post a Comment