Apparently our window in our bedroom is 35 inches wide everywhere but the top two inches of the frame. In those top two inches, the frame mysteriously gets about a quarter of an inch narrower. I found this out today when I tried to hang a Roman shade. No matter how I pushed or pulled, the shade would not fit. By a quarter of an inch. So I had to pull out a knife and saw off a quarter of an inch of the wooden bar. Typical. At least the shade looks great.
Josiah and I have spent a lot of time just sleeping and playing the last two days. As he played in his bedroom this morning, I watched the birds outside. It seems the female cardinal was gathering limbs for a nest around the side of the house. I didn't see where she kept carrying the sticks to, but I watched her return to the same spot in the backyard to retrieve more. I don't think the birds have found the feeder yet, and if they have they don't like it. I didn't see a single one entertain it today. I don't really know how to promote it to them, either.
We are about 50/50 with the rice cereal. By that I mean 50% in the mouth, 50% everywhere else. Josiah is convinced that the spoon gets to his mouth better when he grabs on to help. I have tried to convince him otherwise, but as of yet, he is exhibiting the traits of his mom and dad---fiercely independent. I bat his hands away, but it is to no avail. He must help guide it to his mouth---and then touch it---and then touch everything else. He has been eating at his 5:30 feeding, and I am glad that bathing wasn't ever part of his bedtime routine, because it has to follow shortly thereafter the meal now. I am just wondering if we will improve our skills before the really nasty colored stuff like peas and carrots. Probably not. I suppose it comes with the territory.
Today I was thinking about some of the things that Josiah used to do. They fade out so gradually and are replaced with new quirks, that I forget that he ever did them. For example, when he was first born he hated the car seat. We had to strategically put him in the car seat seconds before walking out the door. He would scream bloody murder, and he would only stop if the car seat was moving. In the car, we had to be moving 35mph before he was satisfied. Anything under that, and the rumble of the car was not enough. We despised red lights. They are incredible hard to avoid in the city, and if I ever wanted to chance going through one that might be red, it was during this phase in Josiah's life. Sometime after a month or two old, he decided it wasn't so bad to be in the car seat.
Up until about a month ago, when he got fussy he wouldn't cry. He would just scream. It was kind of funny, because all of the sudden he would start shrieking, but he didn't sound upset. He was just screaming. He doesn't scream anymore. He kind of hums with his lips closed. That is how he defines fussy now. Humming. It is so bizarre to me how these things change. I can't tell you when one ended and the other began. Life has been so fluid. I wish I could push pause. I just LOVE my sweet baby boy, and I don't want him to grow up!
Well, I am going to force myself to go to bed now at a decent hour so I am fresh and ready to go at 6am when he wakes up.
No comments:
Post a Comment