Saturday, May 31, 2008

Messing around.

Josiah ate sweet potatoes for the first time today. We thought it was a pretty big deal, but he just took it into his mouth without any indication that it tasted different than rice cereal. At least he ate it. If this is any indicator of what to expect with future foods, I think we just have a kid that will take whatever you put in him. I hope that is the case. I found out today that a medium sized sweet potato will make enough servings for two whole weeks. What a glorious discovery. We had already intended to make our own, but this was affirmation. No .69 cent jars for us. 14 for the price of one.

Jonathan likes to call this picture, "Wild, Wild West." As awesome as his face is...it isn't in reaction to the sweet potatoes.




It had been about two weeks since I experienced a poopy diaper--until today. Josiah and I had a pretty good run going (extra boob for poop on Daddy's shift), but who can blame him, because I typically work Saturdays. He simply got confused. These days poopy diapers are three-wipe, 10 minute ordeals. Every piece of skin under the diaper is covered--front to back...and I am extremely grateful to the folks at Pampers for creating a diaper that contains it. I can't believe I've escaped for two whole weeks. The one I really don't want to encounter is when these sweet potatoes come out. Haha.

He still isn't crawling, even though every day we look at him trying and think, "Surely only a couple more days." He loves to rock back and forth on his knees, and he is moving backward instead of forward. His favorite thing to do is pull up on us while we are laying down beside him. He almost launches himself over us as he bounces.

Here is a fabulous picture of him being silly with Dad on the back porch today. I love this picture. I definitely live with two clowns. I can only imagine what kind of trouble they are going to cause together in a few years.

No comments: