Today we woke up and continued to clean the house. We went and picked up Josiah's changing table from storage, and changing diapers on a changing table has revolutionized my life. It doesn't hurt my back! It is actually the changing table my dad made for me when I was a baby, so it is pretty special. Three of our mom/baby pair friends came over for playgroup. It was fun to welcome them into our home. Josiah did something incredibly surprising. I tried to hand a toy to Judah, his friend, and he reached out and cried like, "That's MINE!" I gave it to him and pulled out something new for Judah. Josiah pulled the same routine. Oh no. We don't do that. It was the first time I have not been pleased in Josiah's actions (many more to come, I know). I didn't even think babies this age were capable of such things. If its advanced, it's not a good thing. So--we will be learning to share since at only 6 months that seems to be a problem. Man, I can't wait til he's three. That will be a blast.
Josiah hasn't pooped in about 3 days, which can be normal for babies, but it isn't Josiah's normal. He hasn't shown any signs of distress, except for the fuss right before some poots this afternoon. The trumpets play before the king arrives. Typically they don't smell bad, but these were rank. I thought to myself, "I can tell that whatever is to come has been in there for 3 days." So, no sign of the king yet, but I know he is coming.
Things are changing every day now with Josiah. He is acquiring new skills every day. It is absolutely fascinating to watch him discover the world around him. He is, indeed sleeping through the night, though he wakes up occasionally at 2am and has to cry his way back to sleep. YES, I have been letting him do it! Ok, full disclosure: I let him do it last night and I didn't have to be home the previous four nights, so Jonathan let him fall back asleep on his own those nights. This whole sleep through the night thing is going to change our lives, I believe.
There is no longer any way for my to pacify this child at the coffeehouse so I will have to finish posting tomorrow. For now, enjoy these six month pictures and make sure you catch the two blogs below that I did get posted. Tomorrow our internet should work, so posting will become a little easier again.
No comments:
Post a Comment