Tuesday, May 13, 2008

The Day of Eating Events.

So I have these wonderful videos of the dedication service, Josiah sitting up on his half birthday, and eating his first real meal yesterday---but YouTube is doing some maintenance right now and I can't upload them. So, until then, pictures will have to suffice. I promise to post the videos ASAP.

Some pictures from the cookout:






Some pictures from the first meal:





Now is when I share a favorite quote from the book I'm currently reading, "Feeding him is like filling a hole with putty--you get it in and then you sort of shave off all the excess around the hole and gob it back in, like you're spackling." (from Operating Instructions by Anne Lamott)

Today we went to the pediatrician and found out Josiah weighs 19lbs. He is 27.6inches long. That puts him in the 73% for weight and 82% for height. He isn't as big as I imagined. I knew he would be hovering in the 90s by now. Apparently, 27% of the boys out there are still bigger than him. That is perfectly okay by me.

Now it is getting late and I must go to bed. Videos tomorrow (I hope!)--

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.