Monday, February 7, 2011

Josiah says...

Last night Josiah came into the kitchen and announced to me, "Mom, I can't wear my boots because I'm allergic." He was so proud to be so justified in his reasoning. He explained further that his boots didn't work for jumping while shooting basketball. After that we talked about what allergic meant.

Today he stood in the tree and yelled up to the sky, "Jesus, hey Jesus! Don't make it rain, okay? Promise? Okay, promise!" I told him I didn't think Jesus promised that, he just promised he would be with Josiah even if it did rain (as forecasted). Luckily, Josiah seemed satisfied with that answer.

Last week we started Scripture memorization with Josiah. His first verse was, "You created all things--Revelation 4:11." We added "God" on the end so he was clear who "You" was. He did a good job learning it, except one time he said, "You created all my drums, God" instead.

1 comment:

Abby said...

I had the privilege of hearing him recite it as I changed Juliet's diaper. He said "You created all things!" Then when I asked who did? He looked at me and shouted God as though he was totally exasperated. Of course it is God what a silly question! It was so cute.