Tuesday, February 8, 2011
t minus 6 days...perhaps?
For those of you wondering...no news yet. In the mean time I have set to my own odd nesting habits. I don't know what has possessed me, but I've found myself accomplishing odd tasks over the last week. I've washed every piece of linen on my bed including my pillows, scrubbed out the bathtub, cleaned under the couches (aka, the black hole for all small things), touched up the paint on our walls, and put a fresh layer of pine straw in our garden beds. I have temporarily run out of things to occupy my time, so I was somewhat relieved to start my work week again. At least it will keep me busy this week as I mentally tick off the days that the baby won't be born. I'm also wondering how I will handle a 10 day wait after the birth, since my quirky tasks have started already. If this placement doesn't work out, I'm wondering what I will have left to do the next time I have to wait. After I think such things I admonish myself for entertaining the thought this isn't our baby. Then my self-preservation kicks back in and says, "don't commit because you really don't know." I'm trying to rest in the balance of God's peace that regardless the outcome, nothing will stand in the way of the plans He has for this baby girl--and in that I rejoice.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Callie, you are in my thoughts and prayers as I know this waiting thing is so very hard. But all this anxiousness, wondering, praying...it just makes it so much sweeter when that baby is finally in your arms. There is nothing like it. You will breathe again soon, with an even greater realization of just how good and faithful God is. It's such an amazing thing to know that he has handpicked a baby girl just for your family, and your family has been handpicked for a very special baby girl. I'm excited to see his perfect plan unfold for your family.
Much love,
Bonnie
Thanks for your encouraging words, Bonnie! They mean a lot!
Post a Comment