Monday, March 17, 2008

the best Mother's Day I've ever had.

Granted, it is my first...well, minus last year when the church in Guatemala made a very embarassed, not-showing pregnant Callie get up in front of the congregation to accept a rose with the rest of the mothers. Anyway, this year Mother's Day is going to be extra special because it is the day that we have chosen to have Josiah dedicated to the body of Christ and our church. This might be a little hard for those with mothers to attend (that's a few of you guys), but we are welcoming any and all friends and family to join us as we commit our lives as parents to leading Josiah to become a passionate Christ follower and asking the members of our church, family, and friends to join us in discipling him into who God set out for him to be. It is also a time of declaration that Josiah is called into the family of God and for prayer that his heart would respond accordingly at the appropriate time. There are rumors (that I personally just started 5 minutes ago) of a barbeque in the park across from our house after church. This will obviously be dictated by how many people we anticipate coming out for this special day in Josiah's life. So...mark your calendars and let me know if you plan on joining us, and hopefully we will have some firm plans in the days to come. I believe I will have Sunday-Thursday (until night) off of work that week if anyone is planning on joining us from out of town. This is what I do know: May 11, 2008 10am, 1027 Church at Inman Middle School.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

If Mom doesn't have to work on Mother's Day we'd love to come and see Josiah get baptized. You wouldn't mind if I got his baptism on video would you? That way I could show it to Mrs.Russell. Maybe even take a few pictures. I'll get Mom to ask for that day off so we can come and see Josiah get baptized. It won't be the same without Dad. :( Dad would have been proud of your decision to have Josiah baptized on Mother's Day. I'll let Mom know about Josiah's baptism, and ask her to ask for that weekend off from work.

Callie said...

It's not a baptism. We believe that baptism is a public declaration of following Christ, and that is something Josiah will have to do on his own once he is old enough. This is basically saying that we as parents are giving him to the Lord and believing that he will make that decision one day.

Anonymous said...

Oh.