Yesterday I looked at Josiah with a puzzled face. "How did his socks get so dirty?" I thought to myself. He doesn't walk. As I studied his pristine white-turned-brown socks I realized that he does...kind of. Josiah had spent the better half of his morning playing in his "Johnny Jump-Up" and was kind enough to dusk Mommy's floors in the process. Yikes! I feel like I just cleaned them! I wouldn't be surprised if they were wet by some falling drool before dragging the ground, really drawing up the muck well. I really strive to keep a clean house, but with the addition of Josiah to our family, the chores grew exponentially and the to-do list piles up quickly. I have had to adjust my expectations for my days at home. If I get a couple things on my list done, I am successful. Unfortunately, mopping the floor falls somewhere behind doing laundry, cleaning bottles, sterilizing pump parts, packing lunches for work, changing diapers, giving baths, feeding the baby, feeding myself...I could go on for days before reaching "mopping the floors." The list is endless. Really. Anyway, now that Josiah is telling my secrets before he can even talk, I better figure out how to squeeze in one more thing in my day. Yeah right, I am just trying to make myself feel better and trying to sound impressive to you. BUT...I do keep his play area on the floor clean, and until he is mobile that will suffice. I will go ahead and pat myself on the back for that.
Inspired by the story, I took video of Josiah in his Johnny Jump-Up today and it should be in the video bar when you read this. He LOVES to jump around in it. Many thanks to our friends the Mastersons for letting us borrow it! Josie Masterson (now 29 weeks gestation) is paying it forward like any good girlfriend would.
In other news...Josiah got a new toy yesterday thanks to Grandpa Grady. Grandpa Grady sent him some "toy" money for Valentines Day, and after seeing this toy at playgroup we decided it would be a good addition to our collection. The toy is in the new video--it is wooden bars connected by elastic cords and quite entertaining...to both Josiah and me! Josiah loves it and doesn't seem fazed when he hits himself in the head with it. I was excited to give him a new texture to play with, since he has not had a wooden toy up until this point.
We also got a nursing cover at the baby store yesterday. One of my friends had told me how much she loved hers, but I just figured I was doing just as well with a blanket...and I was...until Josiah decided it is fun to tug on the blanket while eating. After a couple of close calls of embarrassment, I figured I had pushed my luck far enough. I got a really cute cover, and it has a stiff round neck that allows me to see him while he eats. I will post a picture later. Thank you, Grandpa Grady for this new "toy" for Josiah as well. Haha, it counts, right?!
Now someone is whining in the crib, so I better go let him out to clean my floors again.
2 comments:
I love the "jumping bean" video--so cute! It's so funny how Josiah jumps in the johnny jump up.
Ah the joys of mother hood. Just wait until he's a teenager. Whoo! That new toy's pretty cool. I'll have to let Crystal, Mrs.Russell, and Shelley know about it. The new video is to cute for words. What's the name of Josiah's new toy? Just curious. He loves chewing on it to.
Post a Comment