To answer the question several have asked, Josiah's favorite song is "How Deep the Father's Love for Us" sung by Nichole Nordeman (written by Stuart Townend). I sang that song to him almost every single day of the latter half of my pregnancy, and ever since he came out it has had a calming effect on him. Actually, it was the one song that played while I was in the transition stage of labor, however brief it might have been. I mustered the strength to say, "Again" when it played. None of this was by accident. I was trying to condition my own body to respond with relaxation to certain music so that once I was in labor it would have the same effect. I didn't really want to hear music when I was in labor, but I could tolerate that song. It was a good idea in theory. I also wanted to see if the repetition of a lullaby would affect a baby in utero. It does. It is quite fascinating, actually. Anyway, Josiah has a whole playlist on the Ipod that plays for him, and it extends beyond just that song; however, that song is the very first one, and when the first notes of the song play his whole demeanor changes.
Today we went to work on the yard at our renovation house. Josiah fell asleep in the sling sitting straight up. It was a beautiful day. We felt just perfect in tshirts in the blowing breeze. I would like to remind everyone that it was snowing in Atlanta 3 days ago. 3. Needless to say, it is hard to dress myself, nonetheless a baby for our ever evolving forecast. I must go cook the side items to go with our chicken that Jonathan has on the grill...more to come later! In the meantime, here are some random shots from the last week:
1 comment:
I've never head "How Deep Is The Father's Love". That song must be O.K. the baby likes it. Josiah's growing up right before my eyes. So you and Jonathan like bowling huh? Me to. Those new pics of Josiah are to cute for words.
Post a Comment