Saturday, March 22, 2008

Bigger and Better than Ever.

Fear not, for the rolls are with you. Now we know why Josiah was holding back on the rolling earlier this week. He was gearing up for today, when he rolled from his back to his stomach for the first time! It was amazing and hilarious to watch. He got all the way up on his side and began to grunt and scream with determination to get the rest of the way. He gave a final "umph" and made it! I was so proud. He was, too! Today was my third day of work in a row, and so I was tickled to have actually seen him do it for the first time! One of my biggest fears of going back to work was how many "firsts" I might miss--and I don't know what is to come, but at least I didn't miss this one! Jonathan, however, was not as lucky. He was in the other room, and did not get to see it. Poor thing, he has been the absolute best dad and husband the last three days and definitely DESERVED it. Luckily, Josiah will do it again. Here are a couple of fun pictures Callie took of Josiah with his Easter basket last week. Family Easter pics to come tomorrow!


2 comments:

doodah said...

GO CRITTER! Do those rolls!!! Don't even need video -- I can see it vividly in my mind. But cannot wait to see family Easter pics. (Callie, is it my imagination or the lighting or my computer . . . or is Josiah's hair turning quite reddish?)

Anonymous said...

Maybe that was his Easter present for you. You can tell Jonathan all about it. You don't have to worry about how many firsts you'll miss. You could ask Jonathan to caputre all of Josiah's firsts on video. That way you won't miss anything. That's what Dad did before he got the stroke if I was in a play and Mom couldn't make it because of her work schedual. That way she didn't miss anything. Is it just me or is Josiah's hair turning red? Just curious. The new pics are adorable. Happy Easter. I love you. You will always be my faveorite Mid-Wife Nurse in Georgia.